Challenge 25 - Tobacco Sales
It's vital to understand the legislation covering the sale of tobacco and that's why this course is so important. Tobacco is not just another product and its sale is restricted by law, so here's where you can find out how to refuse a sale and the penalties involved in failing to uphold the law.
At the end of this course you will understand:
- The legal ages at which customers can buy tobacco products and what they are.
- Which types of photo identification are acceptable as proof of age when buying tobacco products.
- What the Tobacco Display Ban law is all about and how to comply.
- What to do in the event of a refusal to sell tobacco and how to deal with this.
- How the law is enforced and the consequences of breaking it.
|Core Sector||Hospitality, Retail|
|Sub-sector||Restaurant, Hotel, Quick Service Restaurant, Pub/bar, Catering, Events, Grocery|
|Business Outcomes||Compliance, Service|
|Skill Type/Topic||Health and Safety, Communication, Mental Health and Wellbeing|
|Job Type||Food and Beverage, Customer Assistant, Sales Assistant|