Consumer Law and Food Safety
A comprehensive course designed to quickly achieve an understanding of retail laws and provide the learner with the essential things they need to know, especially regarding food sales.
On completing this course you will understand:
- consumer legislation and its key principles, including statutory rights and returns policy.
- the protection of consumers from unfair trading.
- the legal requirements for describing, pricing and labelling products.
- the legal requirements for the sale and storage of food items - stock rotation and date code marking, including use by dates for perishable goods.
- the legal requirement to protect consumers from contamination of food products, through cleaning and pest prevention.
- who enforces food safety law and what they require us to do.
|Business Outcomes||Wellbeing, Compliance, Service|
|Skill Type/Topic||Health and Safety|
|Job Type||Kitchen, Food and Beverage, Customer Assistant, Sales Assistant, Maintenance, Housekeeper, Front of House|